We are the only comprehensive Centralized Examination Station in New Jersey.
We are proud to be the only comprehensive Centralized Examination Station (CES) in New Jersey. In 2012, we invested $8 million into our Custom Exams Center, which resulted in a best-in-class facility designed and engineered for exam speed and efficiency with the most non-intrusive inspections (NII) capacity in both New York and New Jersey. Additionally, we are the only CES site that offers a climate-controlled room to ensure the temperature integrity and cargo value is protected throughout a full strip Agriculture Quarantine Inspection (AQI). Our strategic and convenient on-port location, 14.5-acre exam and post-exam container service yard and more than 20 years of CES experience, makes the transfer, processing and release of cargo smooth and efficient. This results in a faster speed to market for you. When you work with East Coast Warehouse’s Customs Exam Services, you receive:
- Professional subject matter experts who understand the intricate complexities of the entire exam process
- Access to Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) and our cutting edge information management systems that interface with all the terminals – refreshing every 15 minutes – for container pick-up availability
- Access to our transportation arm, Safeway Logistics, which commands one of the largest dray operations in the port, with more 175 drivers to ensure rapid container retrieval typically on first day of availability
- Quick turnaround times, particularly for containers with multiple holds
- Access to the most reefer plugs on the port (more than 120) to ensure the temperature of your commodities are protected and maintained while under our care and custody
As a comprehensive CES, East Coast Warehouse is American Sanitation Institute (ASI) certified, Safe Quality Food (SQF) certified, FDA-registered and U.S. Customs bonded. We offer all four mandated exams:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Inspections
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) AQI and Tailgate Exams
- NII and Contraband Enforcement Team (A-TCET)
- Manifest Exam Team (MET)/Trade Compliance Exams
Contact Us to learn more about our Customs Exams Services.
East Coast CES Tariff
In order to appoint East Coast Warehouse as your designated Customs Exam Service Center, please download and complete the Customs Exam Designation Form (CES Code: E-451). Submit completed forms to Steve Banasiak at email@example.com.